In 2014, Cindy Jacobs released a word to my husband and me that the Lord was opening the gate of property to us—that we would own houses and lands to be used, of course, for kingdom purposes.
This prophecy really intrigued me. One reason was that, although we had a background in construction and already owned some rental properties, our mindset at that time was akin to “treading water,” and we were not looking for expansion.
Another reason was that prophetic voices at that time were talking about “open doors,” “double portion,” and even “gates of provision” opening for God’s people.
It seemed God wanted us to move out of “safe mode.” As I began seeking the Lord, I felt He started showing us how to access, or “attend to,” this revelation. I’ve learned it can be one thing to receive prophetic revelation, and quite another to apprehend it! Proverbs 29:18 (MSG) says:
If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; but when they attend to what He reveals, they are most blessed.
If you’re called to the Business Mountain and want to access new levels of provision, there are both some practical steps as well as spiritual guidelines which can bridge the gap from revelation to actualization.
Step One: Getting Ready
To access new levels of wealth, it’s important to examine our mindsets regarding wealth from a biblical perspective. Here are some thoughts to start the process of examining what you believe to prepare for receiving new levels of provision:
• Do you truly believe that wealth results from being blessed by the Lord? (Prov. 10:22; Deut. 28:1-14)
• Do you seek after wisdom, believing it to be the foundation for riches? (Prov. 8:18, 21)
• Do you understand kingdom principles of wealth—such as that a king demonstrates his power by his wealth or that you cannot out give a king? (See 1 Kings 10; Luke 6:38.)
• Do you realize that glimpses of wealth in the heavenly kingdom (such as found throughout Revelation—streets of gold, thrones set with jewels, etc.) are meant to provoke us? Do you believe you are a joint heir with Christ—meant to share His power, His wisdom, His riches, His strength? (See Rom. 8:17; Rev. 5:12.)
• Do you have faith to receive wealth? In Matthew 9:29 (MSG), Jesus said to the two blind men, “Become what you believe!”
Ask the Lord to break any curses of poverty (generational or otherwise), and to help you renew your mind in this area.
Other areas to consider include common sense measures such as living within your means, reducing or eliminating debt, and not being afraid to work hard (Prov. 10:4).
Also, make sure you haven’t settled into “survival mode.” It’s important to believe the best is yet to come—not just spiritually speaking, but in areas of business and finances as well. (See Eccl. 7:8-10; Ezek. 36:8-11.)
Step Two: Ask, Seek, Knock
Luke 11:9-10 is key to actively pressing into new levels of provision. This passage says:
So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
Spiritually, we knock at the door by asking the Lord to reveal wealth creation strategies to us by His Holy Spirit. Naturally speaking, we knock at the door by not being afraid to act on things we sense He reveals; this usually requires some type of risk and investment.
As examples, during this time of seeking the Lord in 2014, my husband and I invested in extended courses in real estate development, even though we weren’t new to this type of venture, by any means. And some good friends of ours (who previously worked in education and finance) followed the Lord’s prompting to become licensed real estate agents and started building their business.
These are just two examples, but begin asking the Lord what training, investment, or movement towards releasing His provision you need to make. For some, the Lord has already been speaking to you about some type of business opportunity. Recognize that by faith, a window of opportunity for wealth creation exists.
Since this time, as we have pressed forward in property development, one particular venture saw a 27% return on investment! And our friends are beginning to see a measure of success in their real estate career, too.
Step 3: Entering a Lifestyle of “What’s Mine Is Yours”
I believe the Lord intends us to live as if we’ve heard by His Spirit, “What’s Mine is yours.” If you believe this word is for you, there are six things I sense Holy Spirit saying you need to do.
1. Make a list of what has been stolen from you. If you were robbed in the natural, the first thing you would likely do is make a list for the police. God wants a written record of what needs to be restored to you.
2. Begin calling in the wealth you need to do what God is asking you to do. Review prophetic words. Be bold.
3. Begin asking for strategies to be shown to you. You must be open to taking risks (as you sense the Lord directing you).
4. Start looking for places to give. Extravagantly. The faith you release in doing this will open troves of treasure to you.
5. Begin asking for the wealth of nations to be revealed to you. What’s blocking His provision (to you)? Is it corruption? Is it poverty brought about by curses to the land? Pray for restoration in the areas He reveals so that provision may begin to flow.
6. Don’t be impatient. Releasing wealth takes time. But as you take one step it will lead to another—until the whole plan is revealed to you.
For His faithful ones, it is time; gates of provision and destiny are opening for many. It is a time of increased angelic activity. I believe angels of provision are standing by at the ready—let’s give them something to do!
Posted on Generals International.
Posted on The Elijah List.
Posted on Spirit Fuel.
Diane is a writer, speaker and minister ordained with both Christian International and Generals International. Her articles are regularly featured on The Elijah List, as well as platforms like Charisma Magazine, Charisma News, Intercessors For America and others. She and her husband, Allen, co-founded Starfire Ministries with a vision to see the kingdom established beyond the four walls of the traditional church. They host a podcast with Charisma Podcast Network, and serve as Church Mountain, Regional, and Montana Coordinators for the Reformation Prayer Network, and as Media Mountain Leader/Facilitators for C.I.’s Culture Influencers.